“When a series of events and happenings in your life just fall into place in such a perfect way that the outcome is unequivocally your beautiful destiny and all is right in the world. This is the meaning of KIZMET."
What is the Kizmet Centre?
Centre Kizmet will be a place where young children will be given the lifelong advantages provided by growing up in a vibrant, supportive family within a caring community.
- $2M dollar family resource centre in the West Island available to all families with young children.
- A gymnasium, play rooms, multipurpose rooms, meeting areas, a community kitchen and administrative offices.
- Grand Opening in December 2017!
Did you know that...
- 70% of adult mental health issues can be traced back to the first six years of life.
- By the time Canadian children turn six, about 3 in 10 exhibit signs of poor readiness which may hamper their learning and progress at school.
- Canada ranks 17th out of all developed nations in terms of its economic investment in early childhood.
- In Canada the lifetime economic cost of childhood mental health disorders is $200 billion.
- 1 in 5 children have a mental disorder and the number has been rising for a decade.
- Almost half the children who will become violent as adolescents can be identified as early as age 7.
- Raising Canada to the average level of early childhood investment in other advanced economies would cost $3 to $4 billion. That’s about the same amount taxpayers spend annually on prisons.
- Canada ranks 27th out of 29 countries on children’s health and safety and 22nd on infant mortality rates.